How to get your home ready for sale
When it comes to selling your home, first impressions count!
Here are a few tips to help you get your home ready for sale.
1. Clean, clean, clean. Ensure the home is cleaned from top to bottom and smells fresh. If necessary get a professional clearer in. Remember first impressions count, so make your home stands out. If you’ve already moved out, consider having a cleaner stop by every couple of weeks.
2. Clear out the clutter. Cluttered spaces make homes feel small and uncomfortable. So clear out all the unnecessary clothing, toys, books etc and anything else that detracts from your home’s gorgeous features.
3. Let there be light and lots of it! Open up all the windows to let in natural light and add floor or table lamps to areas that are dim. A bright, cheery room, free from clutter looks bigger and more inviting.
4. Repaint the walls neutral colours. As much as you love your dramatic red dining room, it could turn off a good portion of your buyers. So repaint your rooms in neutral tones like whites that allow buyers to focus on the spaces themselves, not the colour of the walls.
5. Keep the interior simple and store personal items. Buyers want to be able to envision themselves in your home, so put personal items away that might turn off buyers with different tastes.
6. Bring nature inside. Potted plants at the entrance to the home or a few flowers in a vase can help bring energy into a living space.
7. Remove bulky furniture. Your furniture should fit the scale of the room, so get rid of any extra or oversized items that could make your space look smaller than it really is.
8. The smell of baked bread. It’s true, the smell of bread in the oven works. Baking cookies or bread can help buyers connect with a kitchen. If you’re not a baker, try a scented candle.
9. The importance of roadside appeal. Don’t spend all your time indoors. More than one buyer has decided not to even enter a home based on its roadside appeal, so make sure your home’s exterior looks excellent and inviting.
About Durkin DeVere
As a fully licensed and leading independent property firm, Durkin DeVere acts fast in a constantly changing market to ensure our client’s interests are best served.
From our central location, we provide a range of property services in all areas of Dublin South City, Dublin North City, North Dublin and North County Dublin to include:
- Residential and Commercial Property Sales
- Residential and Commercial Property Lettings
- New Homes – Sales and Marketing
- Durkin DeVere Private (Off-market deal origination)
- Development Land
- Advisory Services
Our team has over 20 years’ industry experience and together with our network of contacts and buyers, we deliver results to each and every client.
We provide accurate, up to date market analysis on how best to position your property for sale or to let.
If you are considering selling or letting your property, talk to us, we offer practical, helpful advice.
Call 01 518 0777 for a complimentary sales appraisal and valuation.